Mantis shrimp odds?

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about mantis n reefs the other day n you all really helped me out. I now have another q concerning this guy. I pulled out the rock, which was 3 times bigger than I thought , and at that moment when the rock came up so did 4 of the biggest bristle worms I've ever seen. 1 inch across back from bristle to bristle. As wife n grandson fled throwing hemos at me I steadied myself n pulled them out. I think the mantis got free n the commotion as one is running around,still or again? Being such a predictor what r the odds of having 2 , and remember they appear to me to b babies . 1 in. long. Or how bad am I in it. Getting a trap today! Thank you guys n advance

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled some live rock out of the ocean when I lived in the keys many many years ago, and it ended up having a mantis shrimp in it which later ended having babies. Needless to say I had to empty out the whole tank as it was loaded with baby mantis shrimp. :(

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled some live rock out of the ocean when I lived in the keys many many years ago, and it ended up having a mantis shrimp in it which later ended having babies. Needless to say I had to empty out the whole tank as it was loaded with baby mantis shrimp. :(
Auuuuggggghhhhj!!! I'm so sorry to hear that n pray to the gods that's not my position. I thank u for sharing n telling me like it is or can b. Oh I hope not

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luuckkyyyy!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back