Mantis shrimp with marcoalgea

Lavabrine ninja

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
51
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting a mantis shrimp for awhile now. And I started think since there messy eaters and cause nutrients shot up. Why not have marcoalgea in the tank to remove it. So, what would a good light for this tank with a mantis shrimp that won't give it shell rot and keep all types of marcoalgea happy. Mainly I'm looking at caulerpas and maybe so red ogo.
 
I've been wanting a mantis shrimp for awhile now. And I started think since there messy eaters and cause nutrients shot up. Why not have marcoalgea in the tank to remove it. So, what would a good light for this tank with a mantis shrimp that won't give it shell rot and keep all types of marcoalgea happy. Mainly I'm looking at caulerpas and maybe so red ogo.
I’ve done just that with my tank… it is amazing nutrient control. It does have a few drawbacks such as the fact that it may go sexual and take over the tank. But i’ll try to post a pic of my tank for reference.
 
F6921A6E-93E6-4778-B75B-9F737D3C6422.jpeg
6B1E7E42-AD63-4490-BE55-998FE93244D9.jpeg
0E23A953-9178-4EE8-8D9D-9379908CC1DF.jpeg

Here’s my red saltwater jungle!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new