Manual Switches ON/OFF on EB8s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smilereef2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering why havent Neptune provided manual ON/OFF switches on the EB8s. So lets assume our New neptune apex fails (for some reason) and we would like to manually run the skimmer & ATO for a couple of days during the weekend, would this be possible...

My question was more about the Controller failure than a power failure (which can be easily backed up a UPS)

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think that the manual override would be to pull the plug out of (or push it into) the socket?

You could also build a breakout box - something that plugs into the outlet, runs through a switch, and goes to another outlet. One of those such series per outlet you want to manually control. I've seen one of those around on the forums somewhere, I think? I can see the value of that if you've got a fish room or the like and don't want a digital control (eg; tablet, phone, etc.) in a wet area, I suppose.

Personally, I'm content that Neptune has put more money/time into preventing the controller from failing than they have trying to handle the rare situation of when it does.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering why havent Neptune provided manual ON/OFF switches on the EB8s. So lets assume our New neptune apex fails (for some reason) and we would like to manually run the skimmer & ATO for a couple of days during the weekend, would this be possible...

My question was more about the Controller failure than a power failure (which can be easily backed up a UPS)

The very first line of your program for any outlet should be "FALLBACK ON" or "FALLBACK OFF". This is the state the outlet will be in when it cant communicate with the Apex

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back