Many Doubts with calcium reactor

Steve zissou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many doubts with calcium reactor.

Hello everyone, I have several questions.
Since I started in the hobby, I have always used different brands of commercial balanced and never used the calcium reactor to add ignorance, disinterest and some fear of being wrong. Now I have another new aquarium and I would like to mount a calcium reactor because it is cheaper than commercial balanced ones. In my previous aquarium, the price of additives was very expensive, so I am considering introducing a calcium reactor. But I cannot understand what is the method to calibrate the reactor without compromising the corals in my aquarium. I am also not very clear what type of charges I have to use to get a good balance of macroelements and what charges to introduce into the reactor. I was also reading the joint use with a kalkwasser, which they say is beneficial in stabilizing the pH, but I am not clear how to use both at the same time if both serve to add carbonates. Anyway, as you will see, I am quite confused haha Forgive my ignorance, I know that for many this is from beginners,
Sorry if you don't understand it well, I try to write everything in English, but when
I finish writing the text my mobile automatically translates everything into my native language which is Spanish, I do not understand why, I will try to publish next time from the PC, I suppose it will not happen.
Thank you in advance. And a gretting.

Hola a todos, tengo varias preguntas.
Desde que empecé en el hobby, siempre usé diferentes marcas de balanceados comerciales y nunca usé el reactor de calcio para agregar por ignorancia, desinterés y algo de miedo a equivocarme. Ahora tengo otro acuario nuevo y me gustaría montar un reactor de calcio porque es más barato que los balanceados comerciales. En mi acuario anterior, el precio de los aditivos era muy caro, por eso estoy planteando introducir un reactor de calcio. Pero no puedo entender cuál es el método para calibrar el reactor sin poner en peligro los corales en mi acuario. Tampoco tengo muy claro qué tipo de cargas tengo que usar para obtener un buen equilibrio de macroelementos y qué cargas introducir dentro del reactor. También estaba leyendo el uso conjunto con un kalkwasser, que dicen que resulta beneficioso para estabilizar el pH, pero no tengo claro cómo usar ambos al mismo tiempo si ambos sirven para agregar carbonatos. De todos modos, como vereis, estoy bastante confundido jaja Perdona mi ignorancia, sé que para muchos esto es de principiantes,
Perdonad si no se comprende bien, trato de escribir todo en inglés, pero cuando
termino de escribir el texto mi móvil traduce todo automáticamente a mi lengua natal que es el español, no entiendo porqué, intentaré publicar la próxima vez desde el pc, supongo que no ocurrirá.
Mil gracias de antemano. Y un saludo.

Last edited by a moderator:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video is the bane of all calcium reactor owners and only really works while your demand is low(er) and if your pH probe stays reliable (and they do not for long) - I have helped probably close to 100 people who have started this way and had to change on down the road when their reactor could not keep up or it was inconsistent. Take the time to learn how to tune the thing by hand for 24/7 operation and if you want to use a pH probe to MONITOR (not control), then it can alert you if the pH is out of whack.

I have written articles on setting up CaRx and here is one of them...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back