Marco Rocks Sand...Adding to an established sps tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chameleon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,249
Reaction score
93
Location
Rockville, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever add marco rocks sand to an established SPS dominated tank? I move my tank a few weeks back and opted to get new sand, however the tank has been sitting BB until now. I am looking at marco rocks argonite sand, but am worried about the fine particles that people talk about causing sand storms hurting some of my delicate corals. Anyone have experience adding this to an established tank? Thanks
-Cham
 
wash it first turn off your powerheads. and ad a little at a time use a 1 liter or 2 litter bottle 2 add to the bottom of your tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new