Marine Depot is Hiring!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

POSITION AVAILABLE: Customer Service Representative

Job Description

Candidate will join the front line of our business and engage with customers on a daily basis. Primary duties involve problem-solving and providing accurate information to customers in a professional and friendly manner. Customer Service Representatives are responsible for providing accurate information about the specifications and proper use of the aquarium products available on the MarineDepot.com website as well as responding to customer email and phone inquiries regarding shipping, order tracking, returns, order status and site navigation.

Qualified Candidates Should Possess
  • Saltwater reef and fish experience
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • An outgoing, positive attitude about providing superior customer service
  • Computer literacy
  • Ability to share your knowledge
  • Multi-tasking capabilities
  • Experience working in a problem-solving capacity
Duties and Responsibilities
  • Assist customers with a positive shopping experience
  • Ensure the competence and development of your colleagues
  • Work with the Customer Satisfaction Index to benchmark and improve our service execution
  • Respond to and resolve customer issues with urgency
  • Ensure implementation and development of the Family Friendly Concept
  • Assume responsibility for projects and tasks as they occur
If you're interested in joining our team, please email your resume to [email protected] for consideration.

About Us
MarineDepot.com is a fast growing online aquarium supply company located in Garden Grove, CA. We're looking for smart, creative people who will give 100 percent. Ideal candidates must be dedicated, detail-oriented team players that will thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume ecommerce work environment. The office atmosphere here is low-key, casual and collaborative. We have regular company BBQs, celebrate Take Your Dog To Work Day® and have a great benefits package. Although it is not a prerequisite to working with us, most of our employees are pet/aquarium owners. We love what we do!

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Cool!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
If I only lived in CA!

ilXa2VoocQFMrXxIs-ZwiLoBmcTUp-QHw2vRMDVXMUDmBzZhT3fZggfTyKdb5gju2A2vO5iEjryXrD7VPd4TQZcrIrWJ1bEz28C-kP1HaR4Ktkj1o9zaRuhUnQ

joelpeavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Advertising this job to a bunch of reef junkies is like asking a crack addict if he wants to work at the crack factory! (Must move to California NOW to support my habit!) LOL!

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
You guys need a branch in the middle of the country let's say wisconsin.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
The Mrs. and I are wanting to move to CA in the next year or so...hmm....

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
I can't work in an office, haven't in years. Office needs to be more than 10 states! :)

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd move for that job....too bad I don't have that option ;_; being disabled STINKS.

Hope you get some good applicants! :)

Scatterheart

View Badges
Reaction score
I would also kill for a new career opportunity involving my new passion. Being a hairdresser for the last 13 years, I know how key communication and custoner service are in the service and retail industry. I hope to someday move to city where the opprtunities in the aquarium world are more open to me. I live in New Mexico right now and there is very little Ocean brought to the Desert. :( I know you will find some one really great for the job. Someday I may just move to CA and be walking in to see the Marine Depot digs for myself. :)

harveymeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Submitted my resume for this position. I only live a few miles away from your shop. This might be a perfect match!!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
dream job right there ! too bad garden grove has to be so far away

How far away are you? We have a few staffers that try to top each other with how long their commutes are. One can consume a lot of podcasts and audiobooks treking to-and-fro each day. LOL I speak from experience.

Advertising this job to a bunch of reef junkies is like asking a crack addict if he wants to work at the crack factory! (Must move to California NOW to support my habit!) LOL!

Working @ MD does have its perks! We get to see, test and provide feedback to manufacturers on many new products before they come to market. Having coworkers and customers you can trade frags with is definitely a plus. We receive a generous discount on the aquarium gear we sell so we don't have to compromise on the quality of our personal tank builds (pending husband/wife approval, of course... that doesn't change). We rally the troops to do livestock buys a few times a year since we're fortunate enough to be in close proximity of wholesalers. If you're a die-hard hobbyist, there really isn't a better place to spend your days. Mixing business with pleasure is a rare treat—I suspect that's why have staffers that have been with us for over a decade! I can't believe I've been with MD for 7 years already.

It's time to expand into Australia you put in the money I will do the rest

That would be awesome! Australia is definitely a hotspot for the hobby. I'm looking at a map of visitors to the site right now and Australia is in the top 5.

You guys need a branch in the middle of the country let's say wisconsin.

It could happen!

The Mrs. and I are wanting to move to CA in the next year or so...hmm....

We already know you create great product review videos! Hit us up when you make a decision on the move and we'll let you know what opportunities are available at that time.

I can't work in an office, haven't in years. Office needs to be more than 10 states! :)

Working in office gives us a place to set up our fish tanks!

I'd move for that job....too bad I don't have that option ;_; being disabled STINKS. Hope you get some good applicants!

Sorry current circumstances aren't more advantageous for making a move. We certainly appreciate your interest and well wishes. We've actually gotten a lot of responses from our social media and message board posts about the position, so we're super stoked. We may even hire a couple of people!

Wish one was in Florida

Never say never!

I would also kill for a new career opportunity involving my new passion. Being a hairdresser for the last 13 years, I know how key communication and custoner service are in the service and retail industry. I hope to someday move to city where the opprtunities in the aquarium world are more open to me. I live in New Mexico right now and there is very little Ocean brought to the Desert. I know you will find some one really great for the job. Someday I may just move to CA and be walking in to see the Marine Depot digs for myself.

We are blessed geographically. The aquarium hobby is very popular across our home state of California and a lot of industry-related businesses make their home here, too. You're welcome to visit us anytime—during regular business hours. lol

Submitted my resume for this position. I only live a few miles away from your shop. This might be a perfect match!!

Thank you so much for your interest in joining our team! Best of luck!!!

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
If you need someone I'm florida, I'm your man!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back