Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just released!​

Marine Master Waterproof Wireless Multiparameter Photometer​

Test 9 saltwater aquarium parameters with just one device! Get accurate readings for Magnesium, Ammonia, Alkalinity, Phosphate ULR, Nitrate HR,Nitrate LR, Calcium, Nitrite, and pH.

0CFBC93E-47C0-4A48-BD6A-B27BD652BD93.jpeg
6BB0BECF-1411-41A3-BC14-40AEA58A270D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused, does this test everything all at once like the api aqua spin, or do you still test everything individually, just through one device instead of having like 5 or so Hanna checkers?

dnprall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused, does this test everything all at once like the api aqua spin, or do you still test everything individually, just through one device instead of having like 5 or so Hanna checkers?
I believe it's individual tests so it gets rid of all the other eggs.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just released!​

Test 9 saltwater aquarium parameters with just one device! Get accurate readings for Magnesium, Ammonia, Alkalinity, Phosphate ULR, Nitrate HR,Nitrate LR, Calcium, Nitrite, and pH.

I probably won’t convert because I can run 5 mL samples in the “eggs” and double the number of tests in each kit.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Just released!​

this has been out for some time and in fact mine arrives Saturday. It test high and low nitrate and Nitrite - ph-CA-Alk-Phosphate. You still need to use reagents but much more simpler and it will allow testing on up to 9 tanks and keep a 50 - line digital log to memorize up to 50 test results per tank. Instead of reading a card, there is digital step by Step for each test and it even gives you the reagent number so you dont add the wrong one
Also the vials are less prone to scratches and locks in place in tester so you cant shift the vial during testing

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far matches my trident and also salifert from local LFS
Do yo know if the accuracy reported in the instructions for the multiparameter device match those of the individual Checkers?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do yo know if the accuracy reported in the instructions for the multiparameter device match those of the individual Checkers?
It matched Salifert from a local LFS. My CA and Alk were within +/- 2 of the trident

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It matched Salifert from a local LFS. My CA and Alk were within +/- 2 of the trident
Got it.

Do you think the accuracy of the phosphate measurement is the same as the ULR phosphate Hanna Checker ?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you divide the reagents accurately?
I bought a scale that measures in milligrams. I weighed the contents of the chemical packet. For a 5 mL sample, only half that weight of chemical is used. It works. Since I perform many tests at once I have not answered the question “how do I store the other half of the packet and how long is good for”.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a scale that measures in milligrams. I weighed the contents of the chemical packet. For a 5 mL sample, only half that weight of chemical is used. It works. Since I perform many tests at once I have not answered the question “how do I store the other half of the packet and how long is good for”.
That is awesome. I test more than one tank at a time also. I have a grain scale but might look into one that measures milligrams :thinking-face:

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. I test more than one tank at a time also. I have a grain scale but might look into one that measures milligrams :thinking-face:
One more very important detail. Because the 5 mL level in a Hanna vial is below the light path, the vial must be raised 18 mm. I accomplished this with a wooden dowel. Watch out for stray light because the Checker lid does not close with the raised vial. A small piece of aluminum foil makes a nice cover.

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, well...

I'm looking for Stupid Simple Testing Station kind of products... Anyone recommend?

I'm interested in API Aqua-spin but that company won't sell to anyone except local fish store owners.

Reefbot looked cool but it's a dedicated tank product. Not for general use.

Anyone know of anything good & reliable? And where do I get them???

Hanna, I thought it's was something similiar to Aquaspin, it turned to be just a Multi-checker in One Pocket?

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, well...

I'm looking for Stupid Simple Testing Station kind of products... Anyone recommend?

I'm interested in API Aqua-spin but that company won't sell to anyone except local fish store owners.

Reefbot looked cool but it's a dedicated tank product. Not for general use.

Anyone know of anything good & reliable? And where do I get them???

Hanna, I thought it's was something similiar to Aquaspin, it turned to be just a Multi-checker in One Pocket?
I'm in the same boat. Really wish they would make a more reef hobby focused version the spin touch.

Reef Factory's smart tester looks kind of promising but I'm not even sure if it willing be available in the US.

I'll probably end up getting this hanna checker but I still can't really tell if I'll like it more than the individual eggs.

Antaguana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the HI97115C Bluetooth unit.
Unfortunately, the Hanna Lab app v4.0 crashes on my Pixel 7 Pro android V14 just after connecting. Making the Bluetooth functionality unusable. I have emailed [email protected] and await their reply. I will update once I have it.

Has anyone else had issues with the Hanna Lab app crashing?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back