Marine Pure

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use it in my sump. Lowered nitrates, without any other action, from 15-20ish to under 10 within 2-3 weeks.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been using for a year now, the first 4 months I had zero nitrates but had to increase the nutrients for coral growth and fish. When i see a fast build up on the glass i cut back on feeding the corals, so i think it helps.

OP
OP
1reeflover

1reeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply ( Big G )! Starting a new 200 Gallon build & watched an episode of BRSTV on the subject & their first test was inconclusive as to the Marine Pure lowering Nitrate... but they were going to test differently due to some human error & filtering options but haven’t seen or I cant find their new tests! But works good for you? How big a system do you have as to how much Marine Pure you running?

OP
OP
1reeflover

1reeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks siggy! Ive run reef tanks for years, but this time around going heavy on fish & keeping Nitrates at bay is key! Just wondering if Marine Pure is worth its salt! Lol yes pun intended!

OP
OP
1reeflover

1reeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Radman for the thought! Ya I’m starting to lean.... Any idea how much you would need for your 220 if you end up going that route?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply ( Big G )! Starting a new 200 Gallon build & watched an episode of BRSTV on the subject & their first test was inconclusive as to the Marine Pure lowering Nitrate... but they were going to test differently due to some human error & filtering options but haven’t seen or I cant find their new tests! But works good for you? How big a system do you have as to how much Marine Pure you running?
I run it on my 90 with an Eshopps RS-200 sump (about 25 gal). I use one 8" x 8" x 1" plate. Later I added chaeto and my nitrates dropped to almost zero. Hope this helps.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back