Marine Science Magnet High School Donations

Serge Medvedev

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello CTARS. Thanks again for coming to the Marine Science Magnet High School back in December. I recently got my frag tank up and running, however, I am devoid of frags. If any of you are willing and able to part with some species, I would love to get some going. I also do not have any of the plugs or epoxy to set them up. Again, this will be great for my aquarium science class, in which I will soon be teaching my students about corals. I have had great support from some of you in the past, and I thank you for that.

We have made great progress recently with our endeavors, and the students are thrilled with the experiences. Thank you in advance!

Serge.
 
its shoreline pet and aquarium in Old Saybrook hear great things about it. someday I'll make the trek there from Griswold
 
If you're located in New Jersey i will gladly donate some coral to the school. i got into reefing thanks to my highschools oceanography program... (17 years ago lol)
 
Serge do you still need misc parts/items? I have a 48 CF light fixture and an old acrylic wet dry with a small sump sitting in my basement. I am in the Groton/New London area too.
 
Hey there. Absolutely! I'm always looking for materials to help support my students. Can we meet some time next week?
 
I have a nice nuclear green nephthea that I can frag for you. All you will have to do is stuff it in a hole in the rockwork; gluing these guys doesn't work very well. I'm going out of town for a week but I'll get back to you when I get home
 
Next week works well for me. I will gather the lights, wet dry and some more stuff this week while I am adding my new FFM frags.
 
I have dug out the CF light fixture, some spare bulbs, the wet dry, a Sunsun canister, and two Rainbow Lifeguard inline mechanical and chemical filter canisters for you.

Talking with some of the Ctars guys at FFM about your set up at the school was impressive. I had two UConn (Avery Point) marine science students with me and they would love to see your facility and volunteered to deliver the equipment to you if they can get a tour.
 
Hello. Thanks for your support and willingness to help out. If you still have some things you can unload, I am always available! Please let me know what works!
 
Yes we still have the stuff for you sitting in our garage, the UConn Marine Science students would like to come by and deliver the stuff to you, we figure one afternoon after your classes are over. Let us know when works for you and how to meet. Thanks.
 
Serge, we still have this stuff sitting in our garage for you, we'd like to get it cleaned out. Can we just drop it off at the school some afternoon after your classes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new