Marine shrimp vs fresh water shrimp nutrition

Riphter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both, I feed them different foods for the most part. Today however, I threw a shrimp king complete stick in my reef tank to see if the marine shrimp would eat it. So… now I’m wondering if marine shrimp would benefit from them? Mostly almond leaves ground up. I will remove what’s left after the shrimp munch on it to reduce the amount of tannins. I’m also running carbon and did it right before a water change. Not planning to make it a common practice. Just wondering if anyone has had the same thoughts. Sometimes I get bored…

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was breeding freshwater neocaridina, I never really fed them special shrimp food. They got a mixture of things, fish food, algae wafers, some of the snello I made for my mystery snails.

I would imagine variety would be most important along with meeting their calcium needs for healthy sheds for both marine and fresh shrimp. Depending on the species of marine shrimp, I think most are omnivores with a few leaning one way or the other more heavily. I'd feel safe feeding the Hikari crab cuisine to both for example.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back