Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone
Just looking for advice and recommendations on shrimp for a 75 gallon mixed reef tank. I’m looking to add of my first shrimp and just wondering what would be the best I really like the skunk cleaner shrimp, and the blood shrimp or fire shrimp. However, I do plan or it is in my list that I want a Gobi and a tiger pistol shrimp. So the other shrimp I would like them to be able to be with the pistol shrimp if anyone has any recommendations or they know what shrimp can be with pistol shrimp that would be great. Also how many of each shrimp can I have can I have two fire shrimp and two cleaner shrimp or do I have to stick with the same shrimp? I would like to have different varieties of shrimp. my local fish shop also has a camel shrimp for $13 and 25% off that is really small and I like the colors on it. Are those compatible with anything or are they any good?

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue cbs, a peppermint, and a skunk in a 75. Fire shrimp are more aggressive but in a 75 you could get away with it. I wouldn't worry about any of your shrimp attacking the pistol shrimp as they have very different habitats.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no problems, I have kept both a fire and skunk together for a long time. The pistol will be in it’s cave most of the time. The skunk will be out ofand about all the time and will clean your hand when it is in the tank. The fire shrimp is more reclusive and seen mostly when you are feeding the tank.

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no problems, I have kept both a fire and skunk together for a long time. The pistol will be in it’s cave most of the time. The skunk will be out ofand about all the time and will clean your hand when it is in the tank. The fire shrimp is more reclusive and seen mostly when you are feeding the tank.
Great thanks any knowledge on the camel shrimp ?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back