Skunk shrimp aka cleaner shrimp

Ghostyboythedog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
413
Reaction score
185
Location
85143
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Can a cleaner shrimp/ skunk shrimp be In a 10 gallon or 20 gallon high, coral only tank? Or do they get to big and if so can you list some others that our similar.
 
Yes they're fine

Feed some large sinking foods like hikari crab pellets and algae wafers

I believe most of the horror stories are because people are starving them
 
I have a 20 gallon high just coral also, will they eat that algea to, I'm assuming they do but what types of algea will they eat?
 
Mine is in a 20 gallon with plenty of corals. Doesn’t touch them. Just make sure you keep him well fed. Had mine for about 5 years now.
 
Only problem I've had with cleaners is them ripping food out of lps. Other shrimp will too but I think the skunk cleaners are the worst. I also keep a blood red fire shrimp, and a coral banded but have really gotten to enjoy my two peppermints. They are the coolest shrimp I've kept. These two are huge. My first time keeping them. I had no idea they grew so large and colorful. I've heard of them bothering coral but I've not had a problem. They're pigs and get plenty of food.
Screenshot_20240618-184701~2.png
 
Only problem I've had with cleaners is them ripping food out of lps. Other shrimp will too but I think the skunk cleaners are the worst. I also keep a blood red fire shrimp, and a coral banded but have really gotten to enjoy my two peppermints. They are the coolest shrimp I've kept. These two are huge. My first time keeping them. I had no idea they grew so large and colorful. I've heard of them bothering coral but I've not had a problem. They're pigs and get plenty of food.
Screenshot_20240618-184701~2.png
Aww, thanks for the reply, and thank you all for the replie
 
They arent algae eaters but they'll eat algae wafers

They are food thieves but I trust peppermint shrimp even less
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new