Marineland 75gal tank and stand

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with the 75gal black silicone tank? Like leaks or cracks? I know 1 in a few hundred will have a defect but as anyone had personal experience on it?

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine Reaf Ready with corner overflow... Not sure if you’re referring to that specific tank and stand, or just the base 75 Marineland. But I’ve had zero issues so far ( knock on wood )

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with the 75gal black silicone tank? Like leaks or cracks? I know 1 in a few hundred will have a defect but as anyone had personal experience on it?

Just a heads up... Marineland's head of tank replacement and warranties told me they had issues with tanks throughout 2016 because they changed builders. If you buy a tank, make sure it's at least manufactured in 2017. You can tell by a sticker on the INSIDE-TOP of the tank that is between the glass and the framing. If the frame has a top brace across it, it's usually under that. But there will be a sticker along the top inside of the tank telling you the month and year it was made. If you have to order it through your LFS, tell them to make sure it's at least a 2017 model.

I just recently bought a Marineland 180 and had to have it warrantied twice for bad siliconing. That's not something you want on a 180.

One bad thing with black silicone is that you CANNOT see air bubbles in it. While it makes the tank nicer, I think they did that on purpose so they could sell tanks with less than ideal silicone. But Marineland isn't alone in that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mandi29221

mandi29221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up... Marineland's head of tank replacement and warranties told me they had issues with tanks throughout 2016 because they changed builders. If you buy a tank, make sure it's at least manufactured in 2017. You can tell by a sticker on the INSIDE-TOP of the tank that is between the glass and the framing. If the frame has a top brace across it, it's usually under that. But there will be a sticker along the top inside of the tank telling you the month and year it was made. If you have to order it through your LFS, tell them to make sure it's at least a 2017 model.

I just recently bought a Marineland 180 and had to have it warrantied twice for bad siliconing. That's not something you want on a 180.

One bad thing with black silicone is that you CANNOT see air bubbles in it. While it makes the tank nicer, I think they did that on purpose so they could sell tanks with less than ideal silicone. But Marineland isn't alone in that.
Thank you so much I highly appreciate that advice. That's why I read reviews and ask.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back