Marineland cube stand safe or avoid?

Blackop555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In particular are the 60 gal marineland cube stands where the tank sits on 1/2 lip at most all the way around safe for tank or should 3/4 plywood be used with a cutout for sump piping? It looks sketchy with tank narrowly balancing on the lip. Don't need to crack a 60 cube. Thanks

OP
OP
B

Blackop555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only real downside I see is that with glass sticking out over the cabinet edges it's more likely to get dinged.
Glass is am inch from the ends. But the whole middle unsupported is ok? Saw older posts some said it was fine others said absolutely not. But posts are 5+ years old. Figured surly there would have been more of a consensus since then

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a plastic rim around the bottom of the tank? If yes, then it does not need support in the middle and the edges of the tank is where the tank meets the stand

moga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have used for 8 years for 93 Gallon and no issues. When you put your tank, just try to make it even in all side.

Fuzznutz36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Glass Cages 60g rimless cube, I have a piece of 3/4" plywood on top of the crappy fiberboard top that came with this old stand I have. Glass Cages sends a 1/2" or so piece of foam to help it self level and take stress off the corners...that has worked well so far. IMO go overboard, add the 3/4" top, level it, use the foam, sleep well at night.

60g side.jpg

OP
OP
B

Blackop555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Glass Cages 60g rimless cube, I have a piece of 3/4" plywood on top of the crappy fiberboard top that came with this old stand I have. Glass Cages sends a 1/2" or so piece of foam to help it self level and take stress off the corners...that has worked well so far. IMO go overboard, add the 3/4" top, level it, use the foam, sleep well at night.

60g side.jpg
I'm feeling what your saying. What kind of foam?

Fuzznutz36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Joe will chime in or you may want to call them...they are very chill peeps over there. It's not super dense though, nice and pliable, but not like a yoga mat.

I'll also say this, I made this one with that extra bit of lip all the way around...I love junking it up with stuff...very handy :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :cool:

Back