Maroon clownfish?

weldrick208658

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
103
Reaction score
31
Location
quebec canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 70 gallon reef tank with a Blenny cleaner goby dragonet pair of clownfish a scorpion fish and a basslet and I really like the look of the lighting Maroon clownish but I heard they were aggressive would I be able to add one or 2 with the other clownish pair or should I not at all
 
I have an established 70 gallon reef tank with a Blenny cleaner goby dragonet pair of clownfish a scorpion fish and a basslet and I really like the look of the lighting Maroon clownish but I heard they were aggressive would I be able to add one or 2 with the other clownish pair or should I not at all
Don't add a pair of maroons to the existing clowns - they will 100% fight eventually.
 
Yeah they are definitely territorial. Unless the Maroons are already paired , I would not introduce them into the tank I have a pair of maroons and when I introduced the second one I had to make sure it was much smaller than the female in order for them to get along. I kept the smaller male in a breeder box in the tank for about a week before releasing him The female is a real PITA. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you
 
Yeah they are definitely territorial. Unless the Maroons are already paired , I would not introduce them into the tank I have a pair of maroons and when I introduced the second one I had to make sure it was much smaller than the female in order for them to get along. I kept the smaller male in a breeder box in the tank for about a week before releasing him The female is a real PITA. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you
Mine goes after the algea scraper when I'm cleaning the glass. They are aggressive little turds for sure.
 
Even if I get a pair of small juvenile maroons?

No maroons with other clowns.
Kids grow up. Two juvenile maroons do not make a pair and can often end up with a single fish when they decide to transition.
A maroon clown was my fist saltwater fish. Eventually she ended up in a 6ft 150g and she owned almost half of the tank. She would even rip corals off her rocks when I tried to add them. I did pair her twice after her first mate died but I didn't attempt to pair her until she had transitioned to female.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new