Marron clownfish as first fish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hectaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm realizing that now. I'd heard that clowns can be territorial but hadn't noticed the size difference in maroons which is listed at double ocellaris.
Yeah my friends and my dads are literally the size of your average bluegill. They’re the biggest types of clowns that I’ve encountered in person. My Ocellaris are maybe the size of a good sized pladdy.
 
yep maroons can get huge around 6", more meant if you wanted to do two other species of smaller clowns. My favorite (other than gold striped maroon) are true percula. I know i will get some bad comments about this one but wild caught true percula look soo much better than captive bred IMO, but captive bred ocellaris can look the same or even better than wild caught (fancy vivid ocellaris specifically for me) so many species out there to chose from, if you get wild caught or out of LFS water always qt
 
Yeah I'm going to switch to a different type of clown for this tank. Maybe I can convince my wife to let me have a biocube or something and have that second tank for a lightning clown.
 
Yeah I'm going to switch to a different type of clown for this tank. Maybe I can convince my wife to let me have a biocube or something and have that second tank for a lightning clown.
Wise decision. If you love your hands don’t do it, I have one and she is a total idiot.
 
I wouldn't completely trust any of the pre-quarentined fish. I'm sure some do a good job and treat with meds but they can't guarantee that they are parasite free.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new