OP
MattyBoomBatty

MattyBoomBatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an update, I have had some issues with color loss on corals and I've lost a couple sps. I had a salinity spike after a water change. Not sure exactly how it happened but my guess is that there was some undissolved salt hanging out in the bottom of my container that made it into the tank. I checked the water immediately before the water change and it was good....also could be I read the refracto wrong. Anywho, everything looked upset the next day and after checking everything, only the salinity was out of whack. It hit about 1.031 from the normal 1.026. I've since corrected, but lost a couple in the process, along with my sharknose goby.

In addition, I think the lights were a bit too bright so some things were very slowly bleaching. A few SPS have been affected and some of the LPS. I've changed the light to one of the new programs they offer, the AB+. I don't have a pro, so no UV's but it seems that the corals have improved a bit. I also raised the light up off the tank just a bit more to try to even out the spread. I bought some amino's and have upped the feeding a bit in the hopes to speed up the recovery.

Last thing of note is I've noticed some red bugs :mad: on my tri-color. I don't see them on anything else but have started the dipping anyways. Will try to hit once a week.

Once I figure all this lighting/feeding/parasite stuff out for this tank, I'll try to grab some more sticks. However, I did snag a few LPS at the LFS yesterday. They had some good deals.I'm still trying to find them a permanent home, but for now, they look like they settled in ok.

OP
OP
MattyBoomBatty

MattyBoomBatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the fun stuff, Pics:

IMG_9347 (2).jpg
IMG_9348 (2).jpg
IMG_9351 (2).jpg
IMG_9355 (2).jpg
IMG_9356 (2).jpg
IMG_9357 (2).jpg
IMG_9359 (2).jpg
IMG_9360 (2).jpg
IMG_9361 (2).jpg
IMG_9362 (2).jpg
IMG_9363 (2).jpg

OP
OP
MattyBoomBatty

MattyBoomBatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red planet has fallen out of the growth tracking as it is in pretty rough shape ATM. I still have the Joe, and it's cruised right along through everything I've thrown at it.

Here's from September:
IMG_9315 (2).jpg

And here's from today:
IMG_9366 (2).jpg

Unnoticeable in these front shots (but visible in the top down in the previous post), is a nice branch forming heading towards the back of the tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back