Matt's 40 Gallon

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All Figured I'd start my build thread this isnt my first tank by any means but this tank is fairly new

Spec's
40 Gallon Breeder
MICMOL 900 Reef Light
15w Heater
2 Fluval Canister Filters (once I can afford Ill be doing a refugium/sump)

Currently a pair of Marron Clowns are kings of the castle and are enjoying there space
other than the clowns ive just got a basic CUC 6-7 turbo snails

Its also got two sets of zoa's and a green leather of some type

IMG_0764.jpg

OP
OP
Uncle_Matthew

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up, Matt? My name is also Matt! And I also have a 40 gallon tank...this is weird. Welcome to Reef2Reef! :D
Just browsing drooling at some peoples tank Just saw yours! your definitely much further ahead than I am your tank is beautiful! and Thank you!

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just browsing drooling at some peoples tank Just saw yours! your definitely much further ahead than I am your tank is beautiful! and Thank you!
Thanks man! You'll get there, especially if you're already here at R2R. I owe a lot to the things I've learned on these forums and I'm still learning every day. Looking forward to seeing you progress!

OP
OP
Uncle_Matthew

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update for this tank much bigger update will be coming next week!

Today Ive ordered a 20 long tank and sump kit so I can throw out the canister filters that have been giving me problems!
That stuff will come in throughout next week

I've also been qt'ing a fair amount of coral that will go into the tank tomorrow including:
Neon Toxic Hammer
Gold Crista Torch
Green Tipped Alveopora
Fire And Ice Acan's
Luck Of the Irish Acan's
couple of zoa's of various colors
A Green Bird's Nest
A Red Chalice
Lapistera or however you spell it
Various Favia's
My favorite weeds(Pulsing Xenia,GSP)

I did have some problems in this tank as some of you may have saw eariler this week when I did my last dose of bacteria unfortunately killing my 2 Marron's they have been replaced by some ORA True Perc's that are much smaller but doing well and have adjusted to the tank

I'm considering upgrading my light to a ViraSpectra 175w not to sure about it though any thought's?
also bought some of those coral glasses from WWC so hopefully I'll be able to get some better photo's

Ignore the construction going in the background on future post's this tank to is at house which is under heavy construction (Dont worry tank gets covered when anything could be airborne)

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update for this tank much bigger update will be coming next week!

Today Ive ordered a 20 long tank and sump kit so I can throw out the canister filters that have been giving me problems!
That stuff will come in throughout next week

I've also been qt'ing a fair amount of coral that will go into the tank tomorrow including:
Neon Toxic Hammer
Gold Crista Torch
Green Tipped Alveopora
Fire And Ice Acan's
Luck Of the Irish Acan's
couple of zoa's of various colors
A Green Bird's Nest
A Red Chalice
Lapistera or however you spell it
Various Favia's
My favorite weeds(Pulsing Xenia,GSP)

I did have some problems in this tank as some of you may have saw eariler this week when I did my last dose of bacteria unfortunately killing my 2 Marron's they have been replaced by some ORA True Perc's that are much smaller but doing well and have adjusted to the tank

I'm considering upgrading my light to a ViraSpectra 175w not to sure about it though any thought's?
also bought some of those coral glasses from WWC so hopefully I'll be able to get some better photo's

Ignore the construction going in the background on future post's this tank to is at house which is under heavy construction (Dont worry tank gets covered when anything could be airborne)
Just how long has your tank been up and running? How long was your cycle? What test kits are you using?

OP
OP
Uncle_Matthew

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just how long has your tank been up and running? How long was your cycle? What test kits are you using?
This tank has been up for about 9 months it cycled in the first 2 months api and red sea I know they are arent accurate but gives me general idea's I dont chase numbers on any of my tanks

OP
OP
Uncle_Matthew

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish Me Luck I've gotten all my plumbing and my sump is ready to install ill be drilling my DT tank today

I've never drilled anything glass till this morning. I did 4 Test drills this morning only one of them was successful on a 10 gallon so thinner glass got my fingers crossed if it doesnt go according to plan I have a QT tank they can stay in till I get a new DT

Back