• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Mature 4 Color "Purple Monster" Bounce Eclectus

Item Price
2500-3000
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've decided to offer two of my best bounce eclectus for sale. Both are WYSIWYG with pics and videos shown below. These were taken with my Galaxy S20+ under Radion G5 Blues under daylight settings supplemented with a Reefbrite strip. No filters or post processing was used.

I ship UPS overnight. I'll cover any DOA including loss caused by a UPS delay outside of the buyer's control. In the event of a loss I would first offer a replacement. If the replacement is not comparable from the buyer's perspective, since these are one of a kind and each one is different, I would then offer a refund. I ship in thick, solid styrofoam boxes, use lots of water, and heat packs as needed. With my packing they'd likely survive a full day delay without issue, but want the buyer to know I have them covered if it did somehow show up DOA.

Ok, so now the background behind these shrooms... these are not the Mythical Corals bounce eclectus or lineaged from another well known vendor. Almost 10 years ago a hobbyist local to me acquired an imported/wild eclectus that came in with green, purple and was bouncing. I believe this was before anyone was calling them "purple monsters". I bought a tiny baby off of him and have been propagating and growing them out since (hoarding them to be honest). These start out completely orange and will develop red after a year or two, much like a typical jawbreaker. Green streaks will show up after several years. And just within the last year or two the oldest ones have developed purple at the skirt and developed more and larger vesicles (bouncing). I anticipate these will continue to develop more green, purple, and put out more vesicles. I've decided to sell mature specimens with these features as opposed to babies that "should" develop overtime, as in my experience it takes well over 5 years to grow them from a baby to this state.

This is the first one I'm offering for sale. It expands to over 3" in diameter, likely larger if it was on a tile and not bell shaped over a 1.5" plug. It has two babies under the skirt. I'm asking $3000 shipped for this one:

QKw80xu.jpg

irkPGx9.jpg

VqtBBcg.jpg

eLfGPGk.jpg

Y9RJKQz.jpg

This is the second one I'm offering for sale. It's slightly smaller and expands to at least 2.5" in diameter in a bell shape. It has one baby under the skirt. I'm asking $2500 shipped for this one. SOLD

UGyK9qz.jpg

Qll9SPR.jpg

bgv1l3C.jpg

e3aLvNr.jpg

CN3QtJI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Updated the prices on these shrooms, shoot me a PM if interested.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The second one is going to a new home, the first one is still available. I'll consider offers on it, close to my asking price, no low ball offers please.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back