Max Nano (or similar)+ Kessil A360WE - Please Post Your Light Controller Schedule/Settings

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I have a Max Nano (18x18x18) with a Kessil A360WE & Spectral controller.

Can you please share your controller setting? If you have a similar sized tank, that is fine too!!

- How long is your schedule for?
- How high from the water it is?
- If you have verified par, can you give PAR for bottom, middle and top?
- What coral you have and how its doing? SPS?

Just looking to get in the ball park. Would like something proven to go off of and tweak on my end. I have a par meter to confirm.

Thanks!!!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I have a Max Nano (18x18x18) with a Kessil A360WE & Spectral controller.

Can you please share your controller setting? If you have a similar sized tank, that is fine too!!

- How long is your schedule for?
- How high from the water it is?
- If you have verified par, can you give PAR for bottom, middle and top?
- What coral you have and how its doing? SPS?

Just looking to get in the ball park. Would like something proven to go off of and tweak on my end. I have a par meter to confirm.

Thanks!!!
While my tank is slightly larger (36x18x16) I was running a pair of Kessil A360WE's 6.5" off the waters surface for a 10 hour schedule ramping up to about 60% intensity maximum intensity for 6 hours with a 2 hour ramp up and down on each end. As far as color, it doesn't matter which percentage you choose, it's going to be what ever is aesthetically pleasing to your eye. Kessil has made it so that no matter what color percentage you choose, the light will be putting out the best spectrum for the maximum photosynthesis of the corals :) They call it their "Kessil Logic" Being that you only have one light, and a little deeper tank, you can probably turn your intensity up to around 70-80. Just make sure all corals are acclimated to that light, if you're using the spectral controller I highly recommend running kessil's acclimation program. I had a mix reef with LPS and soft corals at the bottom, and SPS corals in the center to top. My par values will be different though as I had two fixtures instead of one.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REEFER Nano, all LPS. The light is 8" off of the water.
Color Intensity
1200 0% 5%
1400 30% 25%
1600 45% 40%
1800 45% 40%
2000 30% 25%
2200 0% 0%

Oh, almost forgot, there's a blue Squamosa on the bottom :)

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back