Maxspec gyre

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having problems with my "B" gyre working incorrectly. I had been running the automatic OTC program. It runs then stops. I tried contacting Coralvue and they no longer support Maxspec. Sent a trouble ticket to Maxspec and I have not gotten a response. I have the 230 set. I need help. I've included a video shot of the controller.

Attachments

• 20230624_232520.mp4
    15.4 MB

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded to the XF350s so give me a moment as it's been a minute since I had my XF250s...

I used to sometimes get an issue like this because the pump motor wasn't properly operating during a previous cycle and essentially erroring out. Have you cleaned out the B pump and potentially given it a bath in either muriatic or citric acid?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having problems with my "B" gyre working incorrectly. I had been running the automatic OTC program. It runs then stops. I tried contacting Coralvue and they no longer support Maxspec. Sent a trouble ticket to Maxspec and I have not gotten a response. I have the 230 set. I need help. I've included a video shot of the controller.

If I remember correctly that cycle spins in reverse so unless the blades are set you won't see much movement.

Edit: you said the pump isn't working. Got it, I missed that. Did you swap the pumps/connections around and what happened then?

1687977732405.png

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded to the XF350s so give me a moment as it's been a minute since I had my XF250s...

I used to sometimes get an issue like this because the pump motor wasn't properly operating during a previous cycle and essentially erroring out. Have you cleaned out the B pump and potentially given it a bath in either muriatic or citric acid?
I got some pump cleaner. I've been brushing the heads off with a tooth brush. I'll take it out and let it sit in the cleaner and retry. Thank you Will repost results

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly that cycle spins in reverse so unless the blades are set you won't see much movement.

Edit: you said the pump isn't working. Got it, I missed that. Did you swap the pumps/connections around and what happened then?

1687977732405.png
Well the pump shuts all the way off. It says off on the controller. Going to take it apart and clean. Maybe thats making the b pump shut off - going to repost if it works after cleaning. The controller has been shutting the b pump off.

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the pump shuts all the way off. It says off on the controller. Going to take it apart and clean. Maybe thats making the b pump shut off - going to repost if it works after cleaning. The controller has been shutting the b pump off.
Cleaned the unit and put it on manual. The b pump works then shuts off. I think it's the controller.

OP
OP
Seascapes

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some pump cleaner. I've been brushing the heads off with a tooth brush. I'll take it out and let it sit in the cleaner and retry. Thank you Will repost results
Cleaned it and it's still doing the same thing. Put it on manual. I think the controller is bad

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I reached out to CoralVue about mine, they forwarded my submission to Bulk Reef Supply since they now handle distribution. Maybe @Bulk Reef Supply can help?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back