Maxspect 330 cloud wifi issue

aeceac6413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

We have 2 maxspect gyre 330 fx cloud edition purchased recently. The gyers are great, but the controller has been giving us issues disconnecting from the wifi. This is very frustrating. Do you have any troubleshooting tips? We are on the proper wifi speed and on 2.4 gs but the controller disconnects multiple times a day and the app has not been connecting.

Thanks!
Ashley

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

We have 2 maxspect gyre 330 fx cloud edition purchased recently. The gyers are great, but the controller has been giving us issues disconnecting from the wifi. This is very frustrating. Do you have any troubleshooting tips? We are on the proper wifi speed and on 2.4 gs but the controller disconnects multiple times a day and the app has not been connecting.

Thanks!
Ashley
When you say controller disconnecting from the WIFI, is the WIFI icon on the controller showing it disconnected or is it showing connected but the App won't connect?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aeceac6413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say controller disconnecting from the WIFI, is the WIFI icon on the controller showing it disconnected or is it showing connected but the App won't connect?
Hi
Generally, the wifi icon on the controller says disconnected but even when the icon says connected the app won't work. It's very inconsistent.
We've tried on 2 different phones and iPad for the app.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Generally, the wifi icon on the controller says disconnected but even when the icon says connected the app won't work. It's very inconsistent.
We've tried on 2 different phones and iPad for the app.
I have been running the Maxspect Cloud version for 46 days and have never lost WIFI connection on the controller. I first had an issue with the App sometimes not connecting but I have corrected that issue somewhat. I will explain what I have for a setup for the WIFI and what I do so the App connects 99% of the time. Hopefully this will help!
First, my WIFI is Xfinity. My aquarium and electronics cabinet is in the lower level of my house quite far away from the WIFI router upstairs. I have a GHL Profilux Controller that shows the dBm WIFI signal strength and it was at -71dBm give or take a few which is an extremely weak signal and I would have connection issues. I ended up purchasing 3 Xfinity WIFI pods and placed them in various positions around the home with one of them 2ft from my Profilux and my signal increased to -36dBm which is a very strong signal and since have never had connection issues with the Profilux. My Maxspect Cloud controller is also only 2ft from the pod so this is probably why I have never lost WIFI connection. FWIW, for every -3dBm increase or decrease the WIFI signal is twice as strong or twice as weak.
As far as the App connection issue I can only speak for Android devices but according to most electronic experts it is recommended to turn off your phone, tablet, etc every few days with many recommending every day for a few minutes then turn back on. This helps prevent memory leaks and also clears the cache.
When you close the Maxspect Cloud App on your device it is actually not logging off. It is still running in the background. This is why when you have logged in and then close the App and then open it again you will notice that a login is not required. When you turn off your phone/tablet you will be required to log in again and as long as you have a WIFI signal on the controller the App should connect. At least mine does every time.

ENSURE YOU DOWLOADED THE PROPPER App. THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT ONES BUT ONLY ONE WORKS PROPERLY FOR THE CLOUD EDITION.

Sorry so long but it is not a short explanation for issue you may be seeing.

OP
OP
A

aeceac6413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input.
I'm not sure if it's the app or not. My router is about 8 ft away from the controller and it just doesn't connect to the wifi. That's the majority of the issue. When it is connected, the app is very slow and errors frequently. Sometimes we solve this by taking our off our wifi to get onto the app.
Our internet is fast and should be able to handle everything that is on wifi, i just don't understand why the controller isn't connecting to wifi.

Garry051980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input.
I'm not sure if it's the app or not. My router is about 8 ft away from the controller and it just doesn't connect to the wifi. That's the majority of the issue. When it is connected, the app is very slow and errors frequently. Sometimes we solve this by taking our off our wifi to get onto the app.
Our internet is fast and should be able to handle everything that is on wifi, i just don't understand why the controller isn't connecting to wifi.
I have the same issue and trying my hardest to return them, it’s been driving mental and for the price you pay you expect it to work. It’s really disappointing especially the app, love all the flow directors but the app and connection issues kill it for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back