Maxspect Ethereal Review

PinHeadBunny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread so far. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. I am wondering after using it for a few months what your thoughts on it are?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Premium Aquatics is carrying these now. Just a fyi..

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fixture offer any possibility for hanging to the ceiling with wires? All the product info seem to focus on the mounting arm.
This lights comes with the Tank mount included in the unit, but also the hanging kit is available for purchase.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few months would you recommend these light to someone? I am thinking about picking one of these bad boys up but wanted to see how you liked them after a while. Is it worth the money? Did they fix the app so you don't have have to start over if you want to add a time point to it? Thank you for your review

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

Anyone using these lights and really like them?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I picked mine up during the Black Friday sales and I will say I love this led the spread it awesome. Once you figure out how to the the app it's a cake walk have not had any problems yet and I definitely would recommend it.

lambchops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

Anyone using these lights and really like them?

I got mine about a month ago and I am pleased so far. I'm had a basic white and blue LED before so this is a night and day difference. It's great only having one cord.

The app was pretty easy to figure out. I wish there was directions integrated into the app though. To late for that though.

One issue I had was the mounting arm didn't fit on my rimmed tank. I was thinking about hanging it but I didn't feel like getting the ladder so I cut out a chunk of the rim with my trusty dremel.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One issue I had was the mounting arm didn't fit on my rimmed tank. I was thinking about hanging it but I didn't feel like getting the ladder so I cut out a chunk of the rim with my trusty dremel.

Did you have a "normal" tank?

Like one from Aqueon or Marineland?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone compare this to an Ecotech Radion or other high-end light?

lambchops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have a "normal" tank?

Like one from Aqueon or Marineland?

Mainland 60 gallon cube. Here's a picture of how much I cut.

20170121_150538.jpg

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had a radion so I cannot compare it I can say it's half the money and comes with everything you need not like ecotech were you have to buy a mounting kit and a controler that was the number 1 reason why I went with Maxspect also I like the look of it way better the Maxspect looks like somthing from the future

PinHeadBunny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3914.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG
Hey guys. So I have been running the Ethereal for about 6 months now. Like others said once you get the app set up its a breeze from there. So far everything is doing amazing! Corals opened up like I had never seen them open up before and things are definitely growing. I had a frag of rastas that in 6 months only one polyp had grown and now since the ethereal it's growing like crazy. I'm running out over my JBJ 45. Very easy to mount. Price is amazing compared to radions. Now I have a friend who set up his radion the same time I set up my ethereal both of us have great growth but my zoas have definitely sprouted more polyps than his and my torches also open up much more. Of course I'm not saying that's just the light, but I'm sure it's a factor. I would definitely recommend it especially for the price!

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Marineland, autocorrect got me.

I would say no unless they make a different mount for it.

Well that is seriously crazy.

So this light won't fit on the majority of tanks out there...

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3914.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG
Hey guys. So I have been running the Ethereal for about 6 months now. Like others said once you get the app set up its a breeze from there. So far everything is doing amazing! Corals opened up like I had never seen them open up before and things are definitely growing. I had a frag of rastas that in 6 months only one polyp had grown and now since the ethereal it's growing like crazy. I'm running out over my JBJ 45. Very easy to mount. Price is amazing compared to radions. Now I have a friend who set up his radion the same time I set up my ethereal both of us have great growth but my zoas have definitely sprouted more polyps than his and my torches also open up much more. Of course I'm not saying that's just the light, but I'm sure it's a factor. I would definitely recommend it especially for the price!
What schedule and percent are you running on the Jbj? I have mine over the Nuvo 40

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I wish u could do is put the moon light on a schedule

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back