Maxspect Ethereal settings

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this light and looking for some input on settings that are working for others.

Little info on my system. SCA 50 gallon 24 x 24 x 20. I had 2 Hydra 26 HD that I think I was running too high. I don't have a PAR meter but a LUX meter. Settings are 2 hour ramp to 50% on channel A&B 80% on channel C D & E. on for 10 hours then 2 hour ramp down. I do have a peak if 60% channel A&B and 90% channel C D & E. LUX readings are About 25k dead center at the peak. I was think about buying the Seneye Reef monitor but would rather not. So far my corals' colors have improved, maybe I got lucky.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am looking in to getting this light and can't find any reviews on it. Just want to hear your input. How do u like the lights? Is the spread really 24x24? How is the app to program? I want to put it on a 40 Nuvo but have not seen any reviews on it. Do u have any problems with connecting to the controller? Thank you for your input it is highly appreciated.

OP
OP
Eggyoke

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the lights for about a weeks now are really like them. The spread is good for a 2 x 2 tank. I'm more impressed by how even the spread is. I can only compare it to the Hydra 26 and the prime. It's definitely better than a single Hydra and the prime was too small of a spread. I put a large organge digi in the corner because it was taking up too much real estate and it's doing better the in the middle. As for the controller, I've had no problems. A bit different than AI but easy to set.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back