Maxspect Gyre 130 sucks

  • Thread starter Thread starter willist0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

willist0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

  1. Not really, I have 2 and I think they're great. However every once in awhile one or the other will form a small whirlpool and suck in a bunch of air which then blows out a bunch of small bubbles. I've tried moving them further down but it still happens. Any suggestions ?
 
[QUOTE="willist0, post: 2623002, member: 58367"I've tried moving them further down but it still happens. Any suggestions ?
[/QUOTE]

.....
 
They do suck. I can't wait for the Jebao crossflow to come out.
 
There is no way they can produce air on their own so it must be pulling it from the surface. I run mine about 3/4 up from the bottom of the tank.
 
There is no way they can produce air on their own so it must be pulling it from the surface. I run mine about 3/4 up from the bottom of the tank.

Cavitation! Need to slow it down so it stops knocking the dissolved gas out of the water.

Cavitating-prop.jpg



Although the OP did state that there is a whirlpool forming....pulling in air. So maybe not cavitation here. Either way, slow it down and you won't get whirlpools.
 
Last edited:
Cavitation! Need to slow it down so it stops knocking the dissolved gas out of the water.

Cavitating-prop.jpg



Although the OP did state that there is a whirlpool forming....pulling in air. So maybe not cavitation here. Either way, slow it down and you won't get whirlpools.

Lol.....ok, let me rephrase...there is no way a Gyre will produce air on its own. I have ran my 150 at 100% just to see what it looked like (in an empty tank) and it produced no air (although I did get 3-5' waves :-) )
 
I now have a new problem, The indicator lights on my controller have stopped working so I can't adjust or change anything. I'm stuck with my current mode (constant) and my current speed(?).
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new