Maxspect Gyre vs MP40 Vortech

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndrewNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AndrewNC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
98
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to upgrade in my 90 gallon tank. Maxspect Gyre is very intriguing. Not sure if anyone has owned both or owns the gyre? Can't go wrong with a Vortech. I've owned a MP10 and was pleased. Would like to hear from some people about the gyre especially. Thanks
 
ive only seen the gyre in use at the LFS, it seemed to work ok but i wasnt impressed and neither were they. Also, im not a fan of it shape/style. I do however like my MP40s quite a bit, but will highly recommend you get the QD, they are amazingly quiet! So, quiet that after winning one in the toys for kids raffle and swapping it out, im convinced I need two more! lol.
 
I have a Gyre XF150 in my 140gallon tank running in my tank now for a week, and I'm very impressed. Amazing flow and whisper-quite operation seal the deal for me. You gotta like the shape though, I can imagine that's why you would prefer regular pumps over the Gyre.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new