Maxspect Will Now be Distributed Exclusively by Aperture in North America

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect is one of the most thoughtful and innovative brands of reef aquarium equipment and they were part of the first wave of companies that helped reefers put LEDs over their reef tanks. Their groundbreaking line of ‘turbine’ style Gyre pumps gave us a totally new way to produce water flow in our aquariums and…
Source

Continue reading...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woah big news!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service isn't the issue. It's more of a lack of innovation and diversity that becomes of products after being shoved under one big umbrella. BRS is just the vessel that supplies to us. They have great customer service, very informative videos and how to's. But they have someone to answer to now as well. As far as aperture...there's always a problem when competing companies are absorbed

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was being hopeful with the time line but you’re correct. Either way I try not to post much on this site anymore, but this was a concerning topic and had to say something
Why do you try not to post much here anymore? I thought what you said was a valid point. I just upped the ante.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What does reading comprehension have to do with what is being discussed? Exclusivity is anti-consumer by virtue of it being a desirable quality for Aperature. It tightens control and or availability of products and limits competitiveness. It has no benefit to you as an individual within this hobby/industry and this coupled with all of the other large companies/brands that have been bought up in the past year is concerning. Limiting when and where something can be purchased is massive. It’s the reason sellers routinely take high losses on their margins to make sure they are sold/fulfilled by Amazon. Regardless of the previous distributor agreement - if you’ve been paying attention to Aperture’s aggressive acquisitions and exclusivity deals it should worry you as a consumer.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does reading comprehension have to do with what is being discussed? Exclusivity is anti-consumer by virtue of it being a desirable quality for Aperature. It tightens control and or availability of products and limits competitiveness. It has no benefit to you as an individual within this hobby/industry and this coupled with all of the other large companies/brands that have been bought up in the past year is concerning. Limiting when and where something can be purchased is massive. It’s the reason sellers routinely take high losses on their margins to make sure they are sold/fulfilled by Amazon. Regardless of the previous distributor agreement - if you’ve been paying attention to Aperture’s aggressive acquisitions and exclusivity deals it should worry you as a consumer.
Exactly. Exclusivity can in turn be used to create scarcity eventually. Scarcity then becomes higher pricing. No need for the easy "everything costs more" comments. Companies are bought because there are more profits that can be made in the eyes of the buyer.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. Exclusivity can in turn be used to create scarcity eventually. Scarcity then becomes higher pricing. No need for the easy "everything costs more" comments. Companies are bought because there are more profits that can be made in the eyes of the buyer.
These are two very well thought out replies that spell out why this is bad. Take this in connection with MAP pricing and we can expect the recently inflation in our hobby (both pre and post covid inflation) to be our path forward. Upwards and onwards [goes the pricing]!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back