May Meeting Decision

When should we have the May Club meeting?

• Brunch before RAP on Sunday, May 7th in Orlando

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Move the meeting to the 14th

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so with moving our meeting dates to the first Sunday of the month we have a decision to make.

The May meeting lines up with the Sunday of Reef-A-Palooza in Orlando.

Here is the decision, have a "brunch" before RAP as the doors open at 11am OR move the meeting to the 14th.

Please vote above and we will make a decision by Friday based on the poll and communication between club members.

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will try to make it work either way. I like the idea of having a local get-together so we can see someone's tank and/or do something/learn something, but I'd like to go to the RAP event. If I make it down I will try to join for the brunch if that becomes the plan.

It would be nice for our local meetings if we could coordinate for someone to do a mini-presentation at each one and/or "do" something reef related (like making the fish food...obviously not again, but it was a good idea). If we had a theme to promote in advance and had a set date far enough in advance maybe we could attract more people.

Let me know how I can help...

Thanks,
Ed

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice for our local meetings if we could coordinate for someone to do a mini-presentation at each one and/or "do" something reef related (like making the fish food...obviously not again, but it was a good idea). If we had a theme to promote in advance and had a set date far enough in advance maybe we could attract more people.

I agree, I think we could get more, consistent attendance if we had a topic to release ahead of time. We are currently debating doing DIY reactors at the next meeting, so if that becomes the plan we will do a better job about announce it ahead of time.

Between responses we have had in person/online so far it looks like we are going with the brunch in Orlando, but we will announce a final decision Friday morning.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the votes here and talking with member's in the shop, it looks like the majority would prefer a brunch in Orlando.

We have done some preliminary research of the area in Orlando near RAP and at exit 68 off I-4 (same exact as the Caribe Royal) there is an IHOP and a Denny's. They are opposite sides of the street both they are still within 5 minutes of RAP.

Does anyone have a preference?

I would say let's meet at 10a but that is open for discussion as well.

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You let me know the place and I will try to be there. Based on how much I work I don't want to commit and then be a no show.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's go with IHOP at 10a.

12400 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836

I will call ahead and ask for a table ahead of time and we can add to as needed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back