May need to replace Icecap gyre, looking for suggestions!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have used an Icecap gyre on my 40g breeder for years and it’s done a good job overall. I think it’s gone kaput and I’m deciding what to replace it with. When I got it, my tank wasn’t full of coral like it is now, and I’m wondering if one gyre is enough anymore. What does everyone recommend for my mixed reef tank? Would a power head on each end be better since my tank has filled up? I’m willing to invest in something that will last, but if there’s a less expensive option out there I’d prefer it. Thanks in advance for you help!

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news. After a good cleaning, my gyre is up and running again. I’ll definitely look into the Red Sea when it’s time to replace it. Thanks again for your help!

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't write off potentially upgrading/swapping to a different flow setup. If you do, I would throw Tunze in the ring all day long. Great customer support, and long lasting reliable workhorses.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't write off potentially upgrading/swapping to a different flow setup. If you do, I would throw Tunze in the ring all day long. Great customer support, and long lasting reliable workhorses.
I'm less impressed with Tunze lately, which is why I went with a Sicce XStream to augment flow in my sump.

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm less impressed with Tunze lately, which is why I went with a Sicce XStream to augment flow in my sump.
Sicce is another good pick also! I ran their voyagers for a looooong time and they are built like tanks...look like them too unfortunately lol!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back