Maybe someone can help me understand my Hanna P04 LR?

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got tired of using my Red Sea kit, they are expensive to replace and taking around 16-17 mins a test to get a result isn't ideal.

I bought a Hannna P04 LR H713 tester, with an extra set of reagents. It constantly reads 0. I have no idea why.

I purchased a Phosphorus ULR tested from my LFS yesterday, it read 20 twice in a row. About .06 which I do believe is accurate. My Red Sea kit, I don't have the green wheel anymore as I was getting rid of it, but I just dug it out and tested with it and it definitely turns green.. It's not 0.00 the Hanna LR gives me.

It's brand new, and I don't completely understand why it continually reads 0. I've tried multiple cuvette's, microfiber, the 10ml letters orientated the same direction every time. I'm a little baffled at this thing.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this thread on the same subject, should tell you everything you need to know about the difference between the two :upside-down-face:

IMO, only the 774 is useful in our hobby.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The low reader is not very accurate and really designed for fresh water. I was reading zero with a low reader and then read the thread that's probably linked above. The ultra low reader that actually has the saltwater symbol on it is the one you need. I purchased the URL, Now my tests have been consistent, and my phosphates are where I want them about .05-.06

OP
OP
R

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went out and bought a 774 this afternoon. Low and behold, .06..

Which is exactly where the Phosphorus was. But, like you said it needs a conversion.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back