McCulloch's clownfish WOW!

no thats fine, I have a BS in aquaculture and worked with a large breeding program for clownfish, dottybacks, gobies, and a few dwaf angels. There are various chemical compounds you can expose larval fish to that cause chemical sterilization. (a copper compound being one of them) There are other methods but unlikely used for clowns...
 
well i would certainly hope that anyone breeding these would have a soul and not do such a thing....

However, I certainly wouldnt buy them without knowing for absolute certain.

lol, its kinda funny if you think about it.

How many people out there are going spend that kind of money on fish?

the list cant be very long.
 
yeah I dont know, back when I was big into breeding ornamental marines I wondered if I ended up starting a business raising fish if I would sterilize the offspring and I came to the realization that if I had a high value fish that I was able to rear and sell (ie like the Interruptus angel we were breeding) I would for sure sterilize the offspring...but woudlnt for somthing like a perc or oce clown because there would be no point
 
What would be the purpose of sterilization ,just greed,or another reason??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new