Me and My Tank

Welcome to R2R!!!

Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin
 
Hi fellow reefers, I have been a hobbyist in marine tanks for over 40 years now. I originally started with a 55 gallon salt water tank with just fish and inverts and converted over to a 90 gallon reef tank about 20 years ago. Next step will be a Red Sea 750XXL but that will need to wait till I either move or have some work done on my current home...lol. I currently house a bunch of softies, LPS corals and some non-photosynthetic corals along with about 13 fish. My tank currently has two Radion XR30 gen4's for lighting and two Ecotech MP40s for flow. I have used this forum many times and find the information here extremely valuable when I am researching some new product and also helping with advice on algae blooms, cyano, etc.. Looking forward to keeping this forum as my go to when I have questions or looking for advice and hopefully being able to offer some as well from my experience.
Welcome to R2R
fish GIF
 
Hi fellow reefers, I have been a hobbyist in marine tanks for over 40 years now. I originally started with a 55 gallon salt water tank with just fish and inverts and converted over to a 90 gallon reef tank about 20 years ago. Next step will be a Red Sea 750XXL but that will need to wait till I either move or have some work done on my current home...lol. I currently house a bunch of softies, LPS corals and some non-photosynthetic corals along with about 13 fish. My tank currently has two Radion XR30 gen4's for lighting and two Ecotech MP40s for flow. I have used this forum many times and find the information here extremely valuable when I am researching some new product and also helping with advice on algae blooms, cyano, etc.. Looking forward to keeping this forum as my go to when I have questions or looking for advice and hopefully being able to offer some as well from my experience.
Welcome to R2R
Guy Fieri Fish GIF by Food Network
 
Welcome. The best advice I can give you is to purchase Hanna Checkers and monitor your Phosphates and Nitrates weekly. Keep your Phosphate at .1 and Nitrates around 10. Don't let then dip below or you risk dinos. Cyano is nothing...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new