Measuring PH - Reactors and Probes

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,755
Reaction score
2,777
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use 3 PH probes:
- Sump
- CARX
- Kalk Reactor

It’s no secret that living in a Kalk reactor is a hard life. I haven’t replaced my probe in my Kalk reactor in 1.5 years, I think it’s time. Plus 3 days after putting a very large amount of Kalk in my reactor, my PH is dropping like my Mana crypto did the day after I bought it.

When is it OK to use single junction probes? In reading it says contamination is likely with a single, that would make a Kalk reactor a poor choice?

What about a CARX?
 
I don’t know the lifetimes of different probe types in these environments, but personally I would not frequently replace a probe in a kalk reactor where you really do not care about the absolute pH, just the change after adding new solids.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new