Measuring volume in brute 55 gallon

docforestal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2023
Messages
285
Reaction score
397
Location
Vermont
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I may be in the minority not thinking ahead,but I thought it would be a good idea to know my volume in the 55 gallon barrel at various times
Did some unfailing refilling using 5 gallon buckets and a long pvc now marked measured in height from the bottom , rough numbers so don’t sue me if I’m off by a margin
Also, my days of calculus calculating volume on an irregular shaped object are 35 yrs ago, so I did it the hard/easy way depending on your perspective :)

5 gallon. 2 3/4”
10 gal. 5 3/4”
15 gal. 9”
20 gal. 11 3/4”
25 gal. 14 3/4”
30 gal. 17 1/4” or an 1/8th more
35 gal. 19 3/4”
40 gal. 22 3/4”
45 gal. 25 1/4”
50 gal. 28”

I also foun

Per Origami on waas.org
These measurements are for a 44-gallon Brute, not a 32-gallon size. I'm including them as a reference for others if they want to do something similar.

9-7/8" = 15 gallons
13-1/4" = 20 gallons
16-5/8" = 25 gallons
19-3/4" = 30 gallons
23-1/4 = 35 gallons
26-1/4" = 40 gallons

From menglish on wamas.org

5" ~5 gallons
9 3/4" ~10 gallons
13 1/2" ~15 gallons
17 1/4" ~20 gallons
21 1/2" ~25 gallons.

Happy Reefing :)
 
Thanks so much for this. I just started using 2 44gal Brutes since I have a much larger tank now and was just yesterday thinking how nice it would be to know this. Game Changer!
 
@Musicrocx09
Hi , yes i partially did (must have got distracted and never finished, shoot - sorry for incomplete)
unnamed (1).jpg let me get out the stick and measure - have 55 on one side and 32 on the other
5gallon 4 1/4
10 gallon 8 3/4
15 gallon 12 1/2"
 
The simple math free version is to use two brutes. I use two 44g brutes, one to mix and one to drain each to the same level (about 3" from top). Actually, three since one is my RODI container. One bag of Reef Crystals and I end up with 35ppt water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new