Meat corals and growth

FrugalReeferJon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Messages
4,721
Reaction score
29,311
Location
San Diego, CA via Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your opinion and/or experience, do you think direct feeding is necessary for meat corals (acans, donuts, lobos, trachys, etc) to reach their full growth potential in terms of size and puffiness? Or is broadcast feeding or even just feeding your fish alone, along with good lighting, flow and parameters, sufficient enough?

3818be74b81a716c84564a3cfb446af4.jpg
 
I target feed because it helps growth but mostly because I enjoy watching the feeding responses.
 
Following this along as well!!
 
I target feed because it helps growth but mostly because I enjoy watching the feeding responses.
I used to a few years ago but it caused more harm than good as the cleaner shrimp and tangs would target the food that I gave to the corral. When I only had one I would cover it with a 2 liter pop bottle with the bottom cut off and put food in the top opening. Now that I have more than one I stopped. The corals don't seem to mind. I'm sure mine get food when I feed fish the frozen seafood mash I make but mine are usually in feed mode when lights are out so I assume there getting something from the water column then.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 17.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new