Meat corals

Joiningsession

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
239
Reaction score
61
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I recently decided to jump into meat corals (Acantho and Indophyllia) and think that is now the new obsession. Anyway my question is, what’s the best way to place them on sand bed? Do you just sit them on top of sand? Place a small pvc under them?

Thanks in advance.
 
Straight on the sand for me.

IMG_5908.jpeg
1000001226.jpeg
 
Upvote 0
Sorry if this is a high jack but how hard are meat corals to take care of? I assume low light low flow and spot feeding right?
 
Upvote 0
Sorry if this is a high jack but how hard are meat corals to take care of? I assume low light low flow and spot feeding right?
Similar to care for just like any others corals
I placed mine under the sump low flow-low light. Benefits to feed them, but I don’t
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
Hello, I recently decided to jump into meat corals (Acantho and Indophyllia) and think that is now the new obsession. Anyway my question is, what’s the best way to place them on sand bed? Do you just sit them on top of sand? Place a small pvc under them?

Thanks in advance.
While typical is direct onto sand, I place mine on a shallow piece of flat rock
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new