Media baskets for 62 gallon lagoon

kevinluna21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Tulsa
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see what the best options are for media baskets on my 62 gallon lagoon saltwater aquarium. I switched out the filter socks for the recommended media baskets and would like some advice on what to put in each level. Each basket has 4 levels to put media or filter options.

IMG_7208.jpeg
 
I like to use a little Poly-Fil stuffing as filter floss in my media baskets:
efe96974-8aff-495b-a572-2199284efdaa.jpg


I also like to keep some plastic bio balls or plastic kitchen pot scrubbies so I have cycled bio media on hand in case I ever need to quickly start an emergency tank 🙂
71pIePK1GoL.jpg


Good luck!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new