Media Reactor January Special for R2R Members

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipped can't wait to get it......Will have it together as soon as I open the package.....

I got a question though would a MJ1200 be capable of running it? Or what type of pump will I need? I have only so much room in my sump....Any advice would be great.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel, a maxijet 900 would be plenty as would a tee off your return Can't wait to see pictures of your finished build :)

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some instructional videos to the original post. It looks like my 1 hour time estimate was a bit off ;)

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it and it is assembled just curing for tomorrow to be put in action......I think the hour time frame is pretty accurate with having worked with acrylic before it wasn't something out of my scope of ability. I can see why if someone hasn't dealt with acrylic and assembly to take it slow cause once you glue it's done.....Will have pics tomorrow for you...One thing I did different then what the pics showed was the elbows for me worked better for my application if they both faced forwards as opposed to opposite directions.

The quality is top shelf and looks like it will hold quite a bit of media.....Can't wait to fire it up.

Last edited:

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a offer I can not turn down.
I will be ordering 2, maybe 3 as soon as I finish typing this.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it up and running after about a half hour water test....No leaks but will be checking it periodiclly just to be sure. Also if you plan on using Phosgaurd use a sponge on the bottom or top as the beads can fit through the grates.So I had to stuf some filter floss on the op side. But it holds a whole liter bottle of Phosgaurd which is quite a bit. Now we will see ifmy algea starts to drop.....Great product Dan!

Thanks
James

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a order last night,
They were shipped out today.

Great Turn around time.

A custom cut set of sponges,
To prevent small particles getting into you system,
would be a great addition to this Reactor Kit.

John

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting on the mesh. It has 1mm holes in it and does a really good job with carbon as well as the BRS and WM phosphate removers. I actually had to look up the media your using since I wasn't familiar with it. It looks big in the pictures but I know that can be deceiving. This will be helpful information as we write the user manual.

We have had quite a few orders come in for these, I hope to start seeing some finished build pictures later this week :)

kelleyga36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to set this up to run two separate items is the canister at once. Something like gfo then carbon.I would mind losing my two smaller reactors for one larger one.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a couple pics later today for you.....

I was actually going to use the Phosguard and Carbon but will wait till after I see how the full thing of Phosguard gets rid of my algea problem....

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan the media is actually really fine just smaller then the holes on the white screen.....The fiter floss worked but a sponge would be better, might want to let people know as I didn't even think of it till it was to late....Either way it is working like a champ.

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my Reactors today.

After my " Little Darlings " go to bed.
I will have time to dry fit everything and watch the instruction video.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to set this up to run two separate items is the canister at once. Something like gfo then carbon.I would mind losing my two smaller reactors for one larger one.

Sorry I missed this question before. Since I just answered pretty much this exact question in an email I am going to just copy/paste my take on running carbon and GFO together:

I actually disagree with not tumbling carbon. The lignite carbon is very hard and can tumble without worry of breaking it down so now worries about flow rates being different, I actually recommend tumbling the carbon so you can more effectively distribute the water flow to the pores in the carbon. Media doesn't have a "lifespan" so to speak. It has a "capacity". It can only absorb a certain amount of contaminants before it is spent, for instance; if you were to use phosphate remover on a system that had 0 phosphates and never added any to the system, that media would have an indefinite lifespan since none of it's capacity had been used. This is why I suggested using the po4 remover by itself until the problem is under control, then you can mix your carbon with the po4 media after that. There is not an exact ratio I could recommend though as it will differ over time. After you get your phosphate problem under control I would suggest changing the media once a month, if at the end of the month your phosphates have not gone up then back off a little on the po4 media. If they go up, then simply add a little more. Carbon is less critical (and cheaper too) so it is less of a concern. 2 cups/100 gallons is a pretty standard rule of thumb.

Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has to be a couple of other members,
Other than Azurel & Myself that purchased these Reactors.

Lets hear some feedback.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the orders placed this month! We extended the sale for a few more days and also put GSA built media reactors on the site for those not interested in the DIY kit, the coupon code works for those too ;)

Based on feedback we added blue filter pads to the kit free of charge and made an option available to add barbed fittings a valve and tubing kit. If any who already bought the kit wants to add the items on shoot me a email and we will take care of you.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back