Media Reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi solitude,

The standard version of the MR5 holds about 5 cups. However, just today we enabled custom sizing for both the pre-built media reactor and our kit- up to 24" tall in 1" increments. Each 1" adds about 1/2 cup capacity. Both versions of the reactor include mesh disks, which are ideal for use with biopellets since they greatly reduce clogging.

Hope this helps,
Justin

OP
OP
solitude127

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the height given (I believe 14"), the total height of the reactor or just the reaction chamber? If it's just the height of the reaction chamber, what is the total height of the stock media reactor?

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The total height is 14" on the standard MR5.

Dan

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and can you translate cups into Liters please. i am waiting on mine to arrive I choose snail mail I heard good things about the reactors for the price you can go wrong thats for sure.

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and can you translate cups into Liters please. i am waiting on mine to arrive I choose snail mail I heard good things about the reactors for the price you can go wrong thats for sure.
5 cups is about 1.18 L

Yours went out on Monday, so hopefully you will have it by tomorrow.

Justin

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does. That would be an awfully cruel trick if we shipped the kit without the solvent :)

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you make a bigger reactor to hold 2L of the ecobak pellets?

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you make a bigger reactor to hold 2L of the ecobak pellets?

That would be a 20" reaction chamber. Custom is our specialty, actually it is built into the product page with a drop down menu to select size other than 12". You Built custom reactors ship the day after it is ordered and the AVAST built take between 1-2 weeks depending on the shop schedule. This size kit is $65 and built is $85

Thanks for you interest!

Dan

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I guess I should of asked before I bought this one I need one to hold 2l's also opps lol I could have one made by you all to hold 2ls oh well. I will get another here in a few weeks

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I got notice it shipped it is the waiting game now lol so far the transaction has been great with your company I will order more in the future thats for sure.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I guess I should of asked before I bought this one I need one to hold 2l's also opps lol I could have one made by you all to hold 2ls oh well. I will get another here in a few weeks

If you wanted to buy 20" of 3.5" diameter tube, we will throw in the additional parts to turn your kit into a 2l reactor. You could either ship the 12" chamber back to us and we could refund it or you could keep it for your next diy project, might inspire you having it sitting on the shelf.......

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will find a use for this one along with a bigger one also lol Now I know lol thanks for the offer thats cool of you all for sure

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a 20" reaction chamber. Custom is our specialty, actually it is built into the product page with a drop down menu to select size other than 12". You Built custom reactors ship the day after it is ordered and the AVAST built take between 1-2 weeks depending on the shop schedule. This size kit is $65 and built is $85

Thanks for you interest!

Dan

Thanks Dan! I wonder how many GPH I would need to keep the pellets at a slight tumble with a 20'' tall reactor.? Do you make bigger diameter reactors? I'm going to to save up for this and the skimmer neck cleaner.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will find a use for this one along with a bigger one also lol Now I know lol thanks for the offer thats cool of you all for sure

Justin maybe we can get all this together to save a bit on shipping?

lvsuckerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah we can do that for sure I want to get another one but bigger this time lol opps that was my fault and also a swabbie.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back