Media reactors plump

Salahunreal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
142
Reaction score
84
Location
Sweden
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000056778.jpg
1000056777.jpg
reHi
I'm plumbing two media reactors and want to confirm the best setup. My current plan is:
* UV light output feeding into the input of a manifold and 1st output goes to the first media reactor (GFO).
* 2nd output of the manifold goes to the input of the second reactor (active carbon or similar).
My main question is about the output of the second reactor:
* Should I use a tee connection on the 2nd reactor's putput to allow the water to exit freely (perhaps to help prevent clogs)?
* Or should I use a 90-degree elbow, as shown in the second picture?
 
Did you mean for the title to read: "Media Reactors Plumb" instead of plump?
 
1000056778.jpg
1000056777.jpg
reHi
I'm plumbing two media reactors and want to confirm the best setup. My current plan is:
* UV light output feeding into the input of a manifold and 1st output goes to the first media reactor (GFO).
* 2nd output of the manifold goes to the input of the second reactor (active carbon or similar).
My main question is about the output of the second reactor:
* Should I use a tee connection on the 2nd reactor's putput to allow the water to exit freely (perhaps to help prevent clogs)?
* Or should I use a 90-degree elbow, as shown in the second picture?
These are unlikely to clog during the lifespan of the media; at least my BRS reactors have yet to do so!

I’d just go with the tee, and a ball valve! That way you can open the ball valve to bypass both reactors! This keeps the UV from sitting stagnant with water in it; possibly overheating if the bulb is left on!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new