Mermaid Stand

Awesome!!

Very unique!!

Great start...cool idea

Very nice! I love it when someone does something out of the ordinary :)


Thanks everyone, it's been a fun project!

Thee doors, they are finished: (Going for a French accent here)

mmswwd01_zps3f550a7b.jpg


mmswwd02_zps49a8348a.jpg


mmswwd03_zps1b900cac.jpg



Does anyone know if there is a way to stain the stand, in the garage, in the cold? I've read it needs to be 65+ or the stain never cures.

Besides stain - a little trim, button up the inside of the stand, and it should be done.
 
It's been over a year since the last update, time flies. The stand is basically finished. I ended up painting it because of the
poor choice of wood I used and to hide some of the imperfections. I may distress the paint to give it a weathered look.

I was out of town for a while and had the following goodies waiting for me this morning:
lifereef01_zpsihawx3og.jpg


lifereef02_zpsnszv7n42.jpg


Lifereef made the sump, skimmer, and HOB overflow.
 
Very cool, nice to see something different!
 
Very nice! I wonder if you could attach the tail to the door.
 
Awesome job!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new