mesenterial filaments in response to Selcon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strad12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Strad12

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed my fish some dry food soaked in selcon and a handful of my acros put out mesenterial filaments in response. I feed them Red Sea AB+, Phyto, and Pods often, but have never seen this type of response. Is this something I should be worried about? I don't want the corals to be wasting energy thinking they're under attack every time I feed the fish.
 
BUMP

Any advise pro or con?
 
I haven’t used Selcon in years. If you feed an array of quality food and assuming your fish don’t have HLLE or the like, I don’t bother. Having that said, PE mysis (frozen) brings about the same effect for me and I haven’t had any issues yet.
 
I would suspect that they probably just think that food is nearby rather than "being under attack." So you aren't making them feel threatened.....just teasing them! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new