Metal hailde replacement with LED

Cozierchalice16

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
fort washington
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as all SPS reefers know, metal hailde lights are the king and growing acropora and with LEDs being the primary source of lighting nowadays and metal haildes fading out of popularity, I was wondering, is there any way to artificially create the benefits of metal hailde lighting with LED lighting ? Like my idea was would it work if let’s say for two hours in the middle of the day, I crank their white spectrum in par of my lights to help re-create those benefits of metal hailde? I was hoping some more experience reefers with no more than me in this topic. So any suggestions would help !just trying to help my acro grow faster lol
 
So as all SPS reefers know, metal hailde lights are the king and growing acropora and with LEDs being the primary source of lighting nowadays and metal haildes fading out of popularity, I was wondering, is there any way to artificially create the benefits of metal hailde lighting with LED lighting ? Like my idea was would it work if let’s say for two hours in the middle of the day, I crank their white spectrum in par of my lights to help re-create those benefits of metal hailde? I was hoping some more experience reefers with no more than me in this topic. So any suggestions would help !just trying to help my acro grow faster lol
I think you would find most that are growing SPS with LED's are doing this already.

I do with my schedule.
 
I run all 3... t5 mh and led
 
What is your lighting schedule ? Have you noticed a significant boost ingrowth with that schedule?
Its hard to put growth down to just one thing to be honest.
Plus i'm still using old AI Hydra 52HD's so the schedule isnt probably very helpful, but below are the percentages i'm running.

White ramp to 56% during the peak of the day, which provides about 500-600 par across the top of the tank, then more blues for nightime viewing later :-)

1778557794707.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new