Mexican Turbo Snails Reef Safe?

One Reefing Boi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2020
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
735
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking for some CUC for algae mostly. LFS recommenced Mexican Turbos and planning on getting some tomorrow when I am off from work. Are they reef safe? Got zoas, very pretty macro algae, Euphyllia, some SPS and GSP.

TIA
 
Good choice. just watch that they dont go strutting around your tank knocking everything over that's not glued down.
Have to pay them protection money so they don't ransack my tank.
 
I have torch frags in the sand bend, will they bulldoze them as well or mostly just things that are on the rock structure?
I've got quite a few frags and have not had any pushed over yet (they are all pretty secure but no glue). I have seen some posts here of people that have had frags knocked over occasionally though
 
I have torch frags in the sand bend, will they bulldoze them as well or mostly just things that are on the rock structure?
I have hammers and frogspawn on sand bed don’t have a problem with them. My acans on the bottom that’s another story lol
 
I have a big turbo and its the hardest worker in my tank. Just make sure any new frags get glued down good!
 
They are reef safe but a cooler water snail. People seem to accept the fact they are only going to live a fraction of their lifespan in reef aquarium temps (1-2 years vs 3-5 years) because their appetite for algea (which is another problem if you don't have enough).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new