MH how far from the tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter phongluc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

phongluc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
32
Location
South carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 27 inches deep 72 long and 30 wide I am plan to run 3 MH with radium 400w can anyone give me some advice how far I should mount the light from the tank thank you very much
 
8-12" from the water surface. Any higher and a lot of light will spill from the sides being wasted. If its too much light I would consider going with 250w bulbs
 
Thank you for the input but I already have the light you think it will be too much light ? To raise up 12ft
 
Thank you for the input but I already have the light you think it will be too much light ? To raise up 12ft
You mean 12 inches? Haha

No I think that will be fine. Plus it'll be fun to grow sps on the bottom too haha
 
Yes 12 inches thanks I will try if it too strong I will raise it up little bit one ? I have the Aqua photon with 3 radium and LEd would u recommend have them on together or led first for couple hr then off them MH for few hrs then LED for moonlight never use MH before any advise would help thanks
 
Led first, the halides then end with led. Try to simulate sunrise/sunset as much as possible if possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new