MH Supplement Help

redwingrob40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was currently running 2 X 250 W radiums on M80 ballasts over my 150g 48LX30HX24W. The BML actinic strip that I've had for around the past 5 years has stopped working. I am looking for something similar to use mainly for dawn/dusk application. After reading through the posts I think I am leaning towards two 54W T5 retro's with either 2 Blue + or 1 Blue + and an actinic. With one in the front and one in the back of the halides I feel like this will give me pretty good coverage. I considered doing two 54w in front and back but just dont have the room to fit these. Will 2 54 W bulbs suffice? and are there any bulb combos that I should consider to get a nice dawn/dusk look?

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a dusk dawn look I would use leds. T5s in halides are usually used to enhance coral colors when used with halides. There are many different leds that could subbliment halides, a Dimmable strip would be really cool with the application you want.

OP
OP
redwingrob40

redwingrob40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a dusk dawn look I would use leds. T5s in halides are usually used to enhance coral colors when used with halides. There are many different leds that could subbliment halides, a Dimmable strip would be really cool with the application you want.
I have considered the reefbrite XHO but a 48” is more expenive than the 2 T 5 retros with bulbs. What other strips are available that could be a bit more affordable?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have considered the reefbrite XHO but a 48” is more expenive than the 2 T 5 retros with bulbs. What other strips are available that could be a bit more affordable?

Check out our LumenBars. We have them in lengths from 24" to 60". I recommend a pair of 2, one in Royal Ice and the other in High Octane UV, for the ideal balance of visual brightness and UV color pop. That would be akin to adding a Blue+ HOT5 and Actinic HOT5, respectively- with the additional benefits of LEDs requiring no bulb changes.

https://www.reefbreeders.com/product-category/lumenbar-color/

OP
OP
redwingrob40

redwingrob40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.2%
Back