mhowe9's 180 gal rebuild

I realized that it has been a while since I have updated this. Unfortunately, I did loose a couple of the fish due to the ich outbreak back in August. I ended up losing the bellus and the hippo tang. Since then I have added 3 news fish - A chocolate tang (the undisputed ruler of the tank) and 1 male and 1 female square back anthias. Here are a couple of pics.

Chocolate tang

DSC_0014-3.jpg


The anthias pair

DSC_0004-13.jpg


I have also made a couple of other changes in my tank.

First I added back the RDSB back into my tank. I am still have problems with hair and bubble algae. I am hope this will help. I replaced the section where the filter socks were with the RDSB. Here is a before and after pic

Before

DSC_0002-7.jpg



Current

DSC_0014-5.jpg


Also, I have started running carbon. I have notice a difference in water clarity since I started using the carbon. I am also very happy that I made this choice.


To close things off here is the latest full tank shot.

DSC_0012-7.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new