Micro Brittle Starfish or something else ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smelton16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smelton16

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2023
Messages
38
Reaction score
16
Location
Alabama
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Frogspawn coral frag and this came off during dip. Is this a micro brittle starfish? I have looked at other articles and am seeing they are good for reef but can multiply quickly. Do I need to keep this or get rid of it? Its a 75 Gallon tank, about 6 months old. Just starting to add corals.

IMG_8871.JPEG
 
Yes, it is a micro brittle star. They are good to have in the tanks. Who cares if they multiply quickly, they will hide away in the rocks and clean things up.
 
Yes, it is a micro brittle star. They are good to have in the tanks. Who cares if they multiply quickly, they will hide away in the rocks and clean things up.
Okay. Thanks for quick response. Just didn't want t put anything in tank that coral dip was removing. I will add him to the fleet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new