micro brittlestar?

Hitchhik3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bunch of these fell off my monti cap during a dip. It sounds like these are good guys and I should introduce them to my tank? Or not worth the trouble and toss them?
20230110_112527.jpg
20230110_112544.jpg

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had one hitchhike on a frag. It's in a tiny gap between the frag and the plug and I can just barely see a few stripped arms sticking out. If it wasn't for the stripes, I probably wouldn't have noticed it or, if I did, would have assumed it was a few algae hairs.
I'm looking forward to it leaving the frag and helping to keep my QT clean(er).

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a keeper! Their population will vary based on your feeding level, but they are great about getting into the tighter spaces in your rockwork to clean up excess food waste. I had them explode in my tank when I was heavy feeding but they reduced when I dialed it back. You can actually spot feed them if you want which is pretty fun. Once you begin feeding they will stick their tentacles out from the rockwork and you can give them a little morsel with your hands or tweezers/tongs.

OP
OP
Hitchhik3r

Hitchhik3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I stupidly left them in the bucket with dip for a good 15 min while trying to decide to keep it or not . When I picked them up they aren't moving anymore. I still introduced them to the tank but hoping I didn't kill it

Back