Micro Bubble Scrubbing

vinnyvin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all

been doing a little research on bubble scrubbing, i am sure their will be a few people on here familiar with this practice.

well anyway i am wanting to hear people first hand experience of doing this in their reef tank. i have heard a lot of good from what i have seen online but wanted to hear from people on this forum.

i would like to know what negatives their are to doing this and also positive also any tips on the amount of micro bubble i should aim for in my DT i.e should i be able to see past the bubbles or should i cover my DT heavily with them.

any advice will be much appreciated as i am hoping to give it a shot tonight depending on people first hand experience.

i have read what elegance corals have to say about it. if someone knows a good thread i could read up on don't be shay to copy the like here . thanks in advance ,looking forward to hearing people experiences with this idea

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lots of nah sayers out there, including Randy, but I highly recommend you try it, as it will cause no harm.

OP
OP
vinnyvin

vinnyvin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thread up top was a good read.

Well iv started it and been going around an hour and theirs a lot of slime coming from my toadstool. I am a bit worried to leave this on over night just incase of any negative effects. however during this hour my skimmer has gone nuts.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing it nightly for 6hrs on a timer for about 3-4 months now. I don't see any negatives. Things seem cleaner, water is crystal clear, I get better skim in evening hours while doing it.
Here's a photo of my chalice before, and the morning after first bubbling session. Very puffy and fluffed up.
IMG_7126.JPG
IMG_7249.JPG

OP
OP
vinnyvin

vinnyvin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait till lights on in the morning to see if I can see a difference in polyp extention and the water clarity. But true could just be a placebo but their seems to be alot of good things said about it.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently the Norweigan speed skating team have switched to blue uniforms from their traditional red because ..... wait for it ..... blue is apparently 'faster'. I'd put reef scrubbing bubbles in the same category. Correlation is not causation; if it were, orange would clearly be the fastest color.

W@tchm@n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently the Norweigan speed skating team have switched to blue uniforms from their traditional red because ..... wait for it ..... blue is apparently 'faster'. I'd put reef scrubbing bubbles in the same category. Correlation is not causation; if it were, orange would clearly be the fastest color.
Lol
[emoji23][emoji23]

reefpaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And benefits?

Hard to say exactly as with a reef tank, there are a number of contributing factors that impact your tank. I need to empty my skimmer cup more, but don’t run any filer socks or mechanical filter so can’t comment on any uptick of slime or floating organic’s it’s “bubbling” out.

It would be good if someone did a controlled experiment like BRS did for macro algae nutrient export and different types of lights. It’s expensive enough to keep one reef tank, so limits hobbyists to replica systems to really see if it’s doing something positive or placebo for their specific ecosystem.

W@tchm@n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say exactly as with a reef tank, there are a number of contributing factors that impact your tank. I need to empty my skimmer cup more, but don’t run any filer socks or mechanical filter so can’t comment on any uptick of slime or floating organic’s it’s “bubbling” out.

It would be good if someone did a controlled experiment like BRS did for macro algae nutrient export and different types of lights. It’s expensive enough to keep one reef tank, so limits hobbyists to replica systems to really see if it’s doing something positive or placebo for their specific ecosystem.
Thanks...
Why did you start using?
As an experiment or to fix some sort of issue..
And are u still using it?
Hiw many hours etc?

Thanks

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually it's red.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you don't have experience in water chemistry nor water processing.

But I'd put you in that category.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back